At Denver Airport, security wait times are 11 minutes on average. Passengers at Denver Airport have access to 3 checkpoint gates inside the airport to help passengers clear the security wait times quickly, and sometimes, it hardly takes 1 to 3 minutes to go through the security wait times at the airport. Denver Airport consistently improves its passengers’ security wait times so they do not have to wait long at checkpoints, and it is advised to check the current DIA security wait times before your airport visit.
The security wait times at Denver International Airport is not set, and they may fluctuate depending on factors affecting it, such as severe weather, airport construction, TSA staffing level or some ongoing project. Before heading straight to the airport, let’s discuss the security wait times at the Airport for your hassle-free journey.
Overview of Denver (DIA) Security Wait Times
Denver international airport (DIA) is the third-busiest airport in the U.S. and a very large airport. It acts as a major airport for these airlines United, Frontier, and Southwest Airlines. Passengers are under 24×7 high security. The busiest time at the airport is from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM because several flights are scheduled to take off early in the morning, and at this time of the day you can expect a some heavy rush at the security wait line. Therefore, to avoid the extra wait at security wait line, you must come on time to make a stress free way towards your flight for your trip.
You can check out the Security wait times at Denver International airport given in the table for your reference.
Denver International Airport Security Wait Times
On average, passengers wait for 11 minutes. The maximum wait time is 30 minutes between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM, while the minimum is 2 minutes between 03:00 PM to 04:00 PM, 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM and 8:00 PM to 09:00 PM. With no wait time, passengers can receive an immediate response from security between 1:00 AM to 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
|Time Interval||Wait Time (minutes)|
|Night to Morning|
|12 am – 1 am||6 min|
|1 am – 2 am||3 min|
|2 am – 3 am||0 min|
|3 am – 4 am||9 min|
|4 am – 5 am||19 min|
|5 am – 6 am||18 min|
|6 am – 7 am||17 min|
|7 am – 8 am||14 min|
|8 am – 9 am||11 min|
|9 am – 10 am||18 min|
|10 am – 11 am||11 min|
|11 am – 12 pm||9 min|
|Day To Night|
12 pm – 1 pm
|1 pm – 2 pm||17 min|
|2 pm – 3 pm||18 min|
|3 pm – 4 pm||15 min|
|4 pm – 5 pm||18 min|
|5 pm – 6 pm||11 min|
|6 pm – 7 pm||16 min|
|7 pm – 8 pm||14 min|
|8 pm – 9 pm||17 min|
|9 pm – 10 pm||12 min|
|10 pm – 11 pm||7 min|
DIA Security Checkpoints – Location and Hours
At DIA, there are three security checkpoints that provide access to all airline gates. The TSA officer operates these three gates. The South checkpoint is open 24/7. All concourses (A, B, C) run in a straight line, which means that the checkpoints lead to the same gates. Therefore, if you notice that the North checkpoint is crowded, you can quickly head to the South checkpoint instead.
|North TSA Checkpoint||Level 5 North||All passengers (standard), CLEAR Plus, TSA PreCheck, and Premium/Premier travelers||Daily, 4:00 AM to 7:45 PM|
|South TSA Checkpoint||Level 5 South||All passengers (standard), CLEAR Plus, TSA PreCheck||24/7, PreCheck: 4:00 AM – 7:45 PM|
|Bridge (A Bridge) Security Checkpoint||On Level 6||All passengers (Standard screening only – no CLEAR/PreCheck access)||4:30 AM to 5:45 PM|
TSA PreCheck North and South Security Checkpoints
Denver international airport security wait times Checkpoints are only available at North and South checkpoints of the airport located at level 5 north and level 5 south.
Important details to note about these checkpoints are:
North Security Checkpoints allow all passengers (standard), CLEAR Plus, TSA PreCheck, and Premium/Premier travellers to access the security wait times lines.
North Security Checkpoints has three lanes to go through the Denver airport security wait times.
Lanes at North Security Checkpoints
- Clear Customer lane- You can use CLEAR stations at North Security checkpoints to avoid long DIA airport security wait times lanes by allowing you to expedite your security screening.
- Standard Screening Lane- At north security checkpoints you will get overall 3 lanes for standard screening allowing you to go through Denver international airport security wait times through old standard process.
- Premium Traveler Lane- You can locate this lane at the west side of the North Security Checkpoint. This lane is usually shorter than standard screening lane and takes less time.
South Security Checkpoint – You can locate this lane at the south side of the dia security wait times. This lane is used for all passengers (standard), CLEAR Plus, TSA PreCheck for a fast check-in service at the airport.
South Security Checkpoints have 2 types of Lanes to go through the Denver security wait times.
Lanes at North Security Checkpoints
- Standard Lane- Allows the security screening after 7:45 pm. Passengers can go through the screening at South Security Checkpoints located next to the Pre-Check lane.
- CLEAR Customers Lane- At South Security checkpoints, the Pre-Check passsnegers are allowed to use this CLEAR lane and it is for the last screening of the passengers.
- Pre-Check Lane- There are 2 kinds of Pre-Check lane at the checkpoint that are operated by the TSA officer and you can. Use this within a time limit from 4:00 AM to 7:45 PM.
Bridge (A Bridge) Security Checkpoint- This security Checkpoints is usually used by the DIA airport for a efficient working and smooth screening process only for Standard Security wait times at Denver International airport.
Here you can access only the Standard Screening Travellers Check in service from 4:30 AM to 5:45 PM.
Useful Tips After your Security Wait Times at Checkpoints
As you prepare for your journey to DEN or DIA, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- After passing through security, access the interactive terminal map to easily locate your gate and discover various dining and shopping options along the way.
- You can consider using an off-airport parking lot for a more affordable parking option that is slightly further away from the terminals. You can reserve your spot in advance.
- If you have some free time before your flight, take advantage of the amenities such as dining, shopping, and free wifi to catch up on work or relax.
- In the event that you misplace something while in the terminal area, you can find the necessary contact information for lost and found here.
- If you need a quick and reliable mode of transportation to your final destination after arriving at the airport, contact one of the available taxi or limo service providers.
DIA Security Wait Times (FAQs)
11 minutes is the security wait time right now and the average security wait time at the DIA airport.
DIA security wait times are so long because it is one of the busiest airports in the United States.
You can check the Denver security wait times on their official page by clicking on wait times.
Also Check: Security wait times at LGA Airport